ABOUT THE TEXAS ALLIANCE FOUNDATION
The Texas Alliance Foundation was established by a group of Aggies, all former student leaders, passionate about serving the students of Texas A&M University and encouraging them in the foundational values of Texas A&M University: leadership, service, and personal development.
Accordingly, the Texas Alliance Foundation will distribute two grants to deserving registered student organizations at Texas A&M University-College Station in May 2021 for use within the year. Each grant will be $1,500. Additional single or multi-year grants may be given at the discretion of the Texas Alliance Foundation Board. For more information and past grant recipients, please visit our website.
ABOUT THE GRANT APPLICATION PROCESS
The purpose of the application process is to allow interested student organizations to articulate their ability to create a vision, build a plan and execute the steps required to make that vision a reality. Applications will be assessed based on the following criteria:
The application cover page and questions must be completed by a student leader of the applying organization. Applications must be emailed to email@example.com and marked by 11:59 PM CDT on Friday, February 19, 2021.
- Overall impact to the Texas A&M community
- Opportunity for leadership development
- A clear description of how the funds will be used and the outcomes expected
Organizations continuing to the second round of consideration will be notified by March 12, 2021 and then must complete a thirty minute interview with a small panel of selected representatives from the Texas Alliance Foundation. Interviews will take place on March 27, 2021 at a time convenient for both parties. Grants will be distributed by mid-May.
APPLICATION GUIDELINES AND QUESTIONS
Complete the following cover page.
Texas Alliance Foundation
2021 Grant Application Cover Page
Purpose or Mission of Organization:
Number of student members:
Number of student leaders:
Please list leadership team including name, class year, and title:
Please list (if any) important social activities:
Please list (if any) important service activities:
Please list (if any) important development activities:
APPLICANT AND ADVISOR INFORMATION:
Applicant Role in the organization:
Applicant Contact Number:
Advisor Contact Number:
In addition, please provide a written response to each question below.
Limit responses to two pages, single spaced. Provide your annual budget and financials.
Applications should be submitted as a single PDF, and titled using the name of the student organization. Please note that while we will support operational costs for organizations hosting conferences, we will not fund organizational attendance at third-party conferences or events.
Short answer questions:
- What is the mission of your organization? How does it contribute to the TAMU community? (50 words or less)
- Why do you need a grant from the Texas Alliance Foundation and how do you plan to use it? Be specific about programs, activities, etc. and the outcomes expected. (100 words or less)
- What was your organization's greatest success last year? (250 words or less)
- What opportunities does your organization provide to promote leadership development in your membership (i.e., leadership roles, projects, etc.)?
- What is your vision for how this organization will grow over the next year? (Optional: expand answer time-frame to two-year vision to receive consideration for a multi-year grant)