ABOUT THE TEXAS ALLIANCE FOUNDATION
The Texas Alliance Foundation was established by a group of Aggies, all former student leaders, passionate about serving the students of Texas A&M University and encouraging them in the foundational values of Texas A&M University: leadership, service, and personal development.
Accordingly, the Texas Alliance Foundation will distribute a minimum of three grants to deserving registered student organizations at Texas A&M University-College Station in May 2018 for use within the year. At a minimum, one $1,000 grant and two $750 grants will be given. Additional single or multi-year grants may be given at the discretion of the Texas Alliance Foundation Board.
ABOUT THE GRANT APPLICATION PROCESS
The purpose of the application process is to allow interested student organizations to articulate their ability to create a vision, build a plan and execute the steps required to make that vision a reality. Applications will be assessed based on the following criteria:
The application cover page and questions must be completed by a student leader of the applying organization. Applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and marked by 11:59 PM CST on March 30th, 2018.
Please submit the application in PDF format with your organization name included in the title.
Applications will be reviewed during the third week of March.
- Overall impact to the Texas A&M community
- Opportunity for leadership development
- A clear description of how the funds will be used and the outcomes expected
Organizations continuing to the second round of consideration will be notified by April 13th and then must complete a thirty minute phone interview with a small panel of selected representatives from the Texas Alliance Foundation. Interviews will take place during the last two weeks of April at a time convenient for both parties. Grants will be distributed by mid-May.
APPLICATION GUIDELINES AND QUESTIONS
Complete the following cover page.
Texas Alliance Foundation
2018 Grant Application Cover Page
Purpose or Mission of Organization:
Number of student members:
Number of student leaders:
Please list leadership team including name, class year, and title:
Please list (if any) important social activities:
Please list (if any) important service activities:
Please list (if any) important development activities:
APPLICANT AND ADVISOR INFORMATION:
Applicant Role in the organization:
Applicant Contact Number:
Advisor Contact Number:
In addition, please provide a written response to each question and requested documentation below.
Limit responses to two pages, single spaced. Provide your annual budget and financials. Note that
while we will support operational costs for organizations hosting conferences, we will not fund
organizational attendance at third-party conferences or events. Please submit your application with budget and financials as a single PDF file titled with the name of your organization.
Short answer questions:
- What is the mission of your organization. How does it contribute to the TAMU community? (50 words or less)
- Why do you need a grant from the Texas Alliance Foundation and how do you plan to use it? Be specific about programs, activities, etc. and the outcomes expected. (100 words or less)
- What opportunities does your organization provide to promote leadership development in your membership (i.e., leadership roles, projects, etc.)?
- What is your vision for how this organization will grow over the next year?
- What was your organization's greatest success last year?